rt spring suspension setup help - Can-Am Commander Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
rt spring suspension setup help

hello, i apologize if this question has been asked before but i am new and not allowed to private message anyone because this is my first post.......i hope you can help me out and thank you in advance......i have a 2013 commander 1000x (1000 miles)with 27" tusk terabytes and i normally carry around 50 lbs of gear in the bed (i weigh 250 and sometimes ride alone or passenger weight is 200).........i live in northeast pa and mainly fast trail ride along with riding in coal banks... i just ordered a set of the rt pro springs for it (didn't order the lift)......i want the machine to be more sporty and eliminate body roll in the corners, bucking in the whoops and nose diving in the jumps.....i was hoping that someone can let me know where my setup should be as far as 1. ground clearance front and rear 2. tire psi front and rear 3. fox shocks setting front and rear and any other important info........thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 04:24 PM

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice and help here. Someone who knows the answers you are seeking will chime in. Booger.
P.S. If you can swing it you should do the RT lift at the same time. IMHO.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
post #3 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thank you, i didn't get the lift kit because i thought it would raise my cog and compromise performance.......i forgot to mention in my original post that i am a little older and not really experienced with using forums, etc but if this subject has been discussed before please let me know how to find or where to search and i would be more than happy to do that......thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

10 psi minimum I like 12 myself for east coast running . 1/2Ē preload on front springs and 3/4Ē on rears . Slums be around 11Ē of ground clearance front 10.5Ē in rear . Start bumping the thread so you can pm . Once you can send Jtrocks a pm for the shock settings . I can guess and get you close his settings will probably be closer . All my setups have been on 11/12 fox shocks which click on each screw 13 up have marks which are farther apart than the click style .
post #5 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz4577 View Post
thank you, i didn't get the lift kit because i thought it would raise my cog and compromise performance.......i forgot to mention in my original post that i am a little older and not really experienced with using forums, etc but if this subject has been discussed before please let me know how to find or where to search and i would be more than happy to do that......thanks
No worries. As far as this subject goes, yes there is lots of information on the forum about it. Nobody really cares that you asked again. (Except for SeymourATV). LOL. Depending on what device you are using you should have a magnifying glass in the upper right corner just under the header. Click on this and it will open a search box. Enter your search terms such as “RT Pro”. Also you can just google whatever and it will bring you back to the forum.
The RT lift will increase your COG but it also relocates the shocks more upright in turn making the machine more stable.
You’re new to this don’t worry about repeating questions. There are lots of great folks here willing to help. Have fun. Booger.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!

Last edited by Boogerhead; 05-12-2019 at 05:02 PM.
post #6 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

You did ask in the right section of the forum . So there are many threads in this section. Days worth of reading .
post #7 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thanks for all the replies......so i now where to run my psi, and have the ground clearance figured out, just need to know the shock settings for optimal sport performance? did i make a mistake by not ordering the lift kit?......i was going to sell my machine and buy an rs1 but i have so much into my machine w/ a full soft cab, 1/2 metal doors, can am plow, winch etc that i just decided to keep it and make it better.......i never spent a lot of time messing w/ the suspension but i was never really happy w/ it either and then i started researching the forum and it seems that you can actually make it perform well to the point where it can keep up w/ rzr's etc
post #8 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Those that have the lift love it . I myself donít run lift . So for me itís not a mistake for not buying the lift .
post #9 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thats good to know, ace fire, what settings do you run on your shocks? i was down to hatfield mccoy last october and our terrain is simila
post #10 of 38 Old 05-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

We have two different sets of shocks . And I no longer run the rt springs. But if you are wanting something close . Rebound front set on 18 rear set on 22. High speed front and rear turn full clockwise then back front off one turn and rear 3/4 turn. Low speed front 1.5 turns and rear 1 turn . That should get you close . Run it see how it does let me know what itís doing and I can tell you what to do to clear it up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion > Commander Suspension Modifications

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode