tricks to seperate QSC REv X sheaves..? - Can-Am Commander Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By smd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

tricks to seperate QSC REv X sheaves..?

My 2.5 yr. old QSC Rev X Primary locked up last week and stalled the Commander in the driveway. It stalled the engine anytime I tried to start it and put into any gear except P or N. Upon inspection, the Primary was "stuck" about halfway in/out and the belt was hung up. I decided to clean the Primary (belt dust) and service the One-Way. while rotating/fussing with the Primary it "popped" back out to where I would expect it to be when the engine is not running, and let go of the belt. I removed the belt and inspected the One-Way (on the crank shaft still) and it 'squeaks' and has a rough spot when rotating. I pulled the Primary bolt and expected the outer sheave/spider to pop off under spring pressure but it did not. Eventually the entire Primary popped off and now the outer and inner sheaves are stuck and I can't get to the One-Way to service/replace it.
Googling "how to separate QSC Primary sheaves" and just about every other iteration of that returns very little useful info. I have an email to Adam at QSC but am sure he's busy as always and may not ever provide any suggestions for this since this is a "bought and paid for" Primary. Any suggestions...? I have the ability to provide heat (MAP Gas, Propane Gas), various weights of sledge hammers , impact hammer, wooden wedges, soft blow hammer, etc. but am really leary about going to town on Aluminum without destroying it...

* 2012 Commander 1000 XT * 28" Carnivores, QSC/STM Clutches, RT Lift, EZ Steer, etc. etc. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-13-2019, 09:52 AM

Those take tools to break them down if I recall . I believe the spider threads on the main post just like how popo sled clutches work . Pictures would sure help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
post #3 of 4 Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Adam replied. "That spider is threaded on and torqued to 600 ft/lbs. It takes about 1000 ft/lbs to break it loose. I can do this for you here.. I'm done messing with it and am sending it back to Adam for service...
slowindown likes this.

* 2012 Commander 1000 XT * 28" Carnivores, QSC/STM Clutches, RT Lift, EZ Steer, etc. etc. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-13-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd View Post
Adam replied. "That spider is threaded on and torqued to 600 ft/lbs. It takes about 1000 ft/lbs to break it loose. I can do this for you here.. I'm done messing with it and am sending it back to Adam for service...
Good call as Adam will certainly get you up and running.
Very good people.

The Money Pit !
Worth Every Penny !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion > Commander Performance Modifications

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode