TORQ locker thoughts..? - Can-Am Commander Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 04-20-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

TORQ locker thoughts..?

I know this is prolly gonna' open a "55 Gallon Drum or worms", but anyone have thoughts on the TORQ Locker for the front diffs to upgrade from the Visco Locker...? Yes, I did a search and got nothing here... I recently was looking at the HALO Lockers but they are pretty proud of them, and that's coming from a guy who has purchased 6 ARB lockers for 4wd's at just over a grand each...

* 2012 Commander 1000 XT * 28" Carnivores, QSC/STM Clutches, RT Lift, EZ Steer, etc. etc. *

Last edited by smd; 04-20-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 04-20-2018, 01:22 PM

If you have power steering. Hate the visco. And can live without it being selectable do it. I love the locker and a must upgrade in my eyes. It's pretty expensive for what you get but way cheaper option than halo. I would do it again in a heart beat
post #3 of 22 Old 04-20-2018, 01:27 PM

I have own a halo and the torq locker both and I like the locker more .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 04-20-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
I have own a halo and the torq locker both and I like the locker more .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just read the thread on the Mav Forum and saw that you were posting in it re: your experience(s) with both the Halo and the TORQ... I'm sue the Halo is very nice, and I like the selectability of it vs. TORQ... However, the TORQ has a much better price point, and if it works with few negatives, it might fit the bill... The Commander will become my wife's primary ride, and I'm looking at Mav 1000 XMR's as an upgrade from the Commander, so not looking to dump alot of $$ into it anymore...

* 2012 Commander 1000 XT * 28" Carnivores, QSC/STM Clutches, RT Lift, EZ Steer, etc. etc. *
post #5 of 22 Old 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM

I'm running the rapid engagement locker from super atv. haven't had any problems with it.
post #6 of 22 Old 04-25-2018, 11:16 AM

Torq Locker Rocks!

I just tested my new Torq Locker install and it seems to perform as advertised! Thanks again Troy & Acefire for turning this purchase around so quickly!!!

I also disabled my Visco since the carrier was bolted together on my Maverick... I notice no difference in 2WD and only slight additional steering pressure in 4WD at slow speeds. No noise (only very faint clicks turning sharp at slow speeds in 4WD).

Definitely looking forward to testing it more next weekend in WV (I'm excited too Brian)!!
post #7 of 22 Old 04-25-2018, 11:59 AM

It's amazing! Get ready it will be a new buggy for sure!
post #8 of 22 Old 04-25-2018, 08:16 PM

I think the turbo mav will feel like a new animal with true 4wd when itís needed and wanted
Verado likes this.

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
post #9 of 22 Old 04-25-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd View Post
I know this is prolly gonna' open a "55 Gallon Drum or worms", but anyone have thoughts on the TORQ Locker for the front diffs to upgrade from the Visco Locker...? Yes, I did a search and got nothing here... I recently was looking at the HALO Lockers but they are pretty proud of them, and that's coming from a guy who has purchased 6 ARB lockers for 4wd's at just over a grand each...
Smd. I know you searched and nothing there. I also am aware that you will be a proud owner of a maverick and the commander will be your wifeís primary ride, so with that said Iíve included a link on the torq locker for your peruasal. (Torq locker themselves started commenting about post 17). You sir are welcome.
https://www.commanderforums.org/forum...ghlight=locker

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
post #10 of 22 Old 04-26-2018, 07:58 AM

So I’ve read about several Maverick guys having problems breaking the tip off the front axle with the locker installed. The solution they have is to weld the visco gear to the carrier and utilize the full 2” of axle spline instead of just the 3/4”-1/2” tip.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? I have my locker and diff sitting on the bench waiting for seals, unfortunately mine is the sealed type.

**** 2014 Commander 800 XT ****
Lots of prematurely wore out stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion > Commander Performance Modifications