Stock can am shocks - Page 2 - Can-Am Commander Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 Old 01-27-2019, 04:17 PM
smd

I've also got the RT 2" lift and the RT Progressive Coils added to my stock shocks and have them set at the softest setting. The ride is improved over stock somewhat, but I still get that annoying rear end "kick-up" on some bumps, etc. I can't ever recall anyone paying for the Fox shocks, either on an ATV, SXS, Jeep, Truck or whatever, and complaining about them in any way... If you simply putt around the neighborhood at 15 MPH, I doubt you'll notice much. If you ride hard at times and push the limits occasionally, you'll no doubt see improvement in handling... There's a few YouTube vids regarding upgrading trucks to Fox 2.0's from factory shocks and they claim a night and day difference. I would assume that would apply to a SXS too...

* 2012 Commander 1000 XT * 28" Carnivores, QSC/STM Clutches, RT Lift, EZ Steer, etc. etc. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 01-27-2019, 05:40 PM

I put the RT lift on and stayed with the factory shocks (1 notch up on the front and 0 on the rear) and I'll tell you that it really stiffened up the ride - not to the point of too hard but it is definitely firm. I carry a spare in the bed, 50 lbs. of stuff at least, and @350 lbs. of driver/passenger. I would advise RT light rate springs if you go that route or do what I did and just start with the lift and see how it goes.

2017 Commander 1000XT DPS - Mossy Oak Edition
RT Pro 2"lift (best mod)
SATV HD tie rods/Rackboss steering rack (worst mod)
Turnkey spare tire carrier
BRP trailing arm/A-arm protectors, lateral skid plates, side mirror, panoramic center mirror, headlight guards, rock sliders, half windshield, rear windscreen, sport roof, Maverick post air filter, Twin Air filter, Profill gas tank sock filter, Maverick belt, sport doors, door bags, LED light bar/roof rack.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander MAX

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode