Stereo Installation - Can-Am Commander Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Stereo Installation

Hey all....just signed up on the site. Looking for just a little general info. I have a 2016 Commander Max 1000 XT. I've just recently bought the dash for the limited model with the GPS/wireless remote mounting hole. I'm putting a marine grade stereo control unit that fits into that 3" hole. I've installed many stereos in my vehicles, and I'm sure this is much the same. Just curious where any of you were tying in your power from. Were you just getting switched power from off of the ignition wire at the back of the key switch, or were you going right to the fuse box for accessory power?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-27-2018, 11:18 AM

Welcome to the forum, if your not going to add a batch of things down the road and wish you would have just put a fuse block up under the dash in the first place powered from the batt then you can find a plug wired for power behind the center dash panel black and red wire. I'm thinking this is keyed on power so test for that if leaving your tunes on while stopped is going to be a habit. Stay safe enjoy the toy and always Rock On!!!

14 XTP 1000 custom made race top lol, 30 in Sirius LED lightbar, 20 in led backup, DZ Fan overide,SSV works audio. Full Kolpin tilting windshield.BRP Lateral skids,Holtz Racing steering rack brace, Blingstar doors,Pro Armour door bags,Tusk cab bag,Troy's cool console cover,Can Am soft rear window,Denali 72" pro plow, Troy and Ed's clutch lockup mod!! Racer Tech lift and dual rate springs,oh yea!29.5x9" Warthogs on all 4's for now
And whatever else yanks at my wallet..OUCH !!!
post #3 of 3 Old 04-27-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROCKS View Post
Welcome to the forum, if your not going to add a batch of things down the road and wish you would have just put a fuse block up under the dash in the first place powered from the batt then you can find a plug wired for power behind the center dash panel black and red wire. I'm thinking this is keyed on power so test for that if leaving your tunes on while stopped is going to be a habit. Stay safe enjoy the toy and always Rock On!!!

Thanks for the info!! I'll look for that wire this weekend. Much appreciated!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander MAX

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode