Questions about stereo options - Can-Am Commander Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-17-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Questions about stereo options

Stayed up late last night OCD'ing about stereo systems for my new-to-me 2011 Commander 1000....

I don't have a roof yet, so trying to decide do I want a roof-mounted system, or mount 4 speakers around the frame? DIY, or aftermarket?

I'm thinking I would want to mount them to the frame, just in case you want to ride with the roof off. Do guys ever take the roof off or just leave it on there once it's on?

Read in another post on here the single bluetooth speaker bars don't get loud enough to overcome the engine and the helmet on your head. Someone was arguing the Beats Pill should be loud enough. Is it? Seems like that would be the simplest option.

Also, the Pill has BASS. I want my system to be able to bang those low notes. I know a lot of the a/m systems and the motorcycle ones are very high and do not provide the bass.

Anyone have any input on this?

P.S. sorry this is a newb question, but i'm even undecided on whether to go aluminum or poly for my roof. If I go aluminum I could probably do a DIY on the cheap.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to lots of good times with my new Commander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-19-2019, 05:54 PM

Never removed my roof, once it was installed. Theres so much engine/ drive line noise when these rigs are running.... I personally cant see a stereo as much use.

2107 Commander XT1000
2008 CanAm 650max XT
CanAm DS650
Honda 400EX
07skidoo GSX 800
03Skidoo Rev800
Sedoo GTX
SeadooGTI
87 skidoo formula plus
seadooXP
85 skidoo formulaMX
Skidoo Blizzard5500
post #3 of 7 Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Garage
My roof has never been off.oem stereo overcomes engine noise. Thereís quite a few roof manufacturers. Personally I have 2 piece canam roof.

If it doesnít fit donít force it, get a bigger HAMMER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-20-2019, 02:05 PM

7 speaker surround sound with subwoofer and amp. I am barely able to hear it over the engine noise. I consider it a waste of money except I can overpower all my trail pals when we are parked which is important right?

Limited with full aluminum protection underneath, rear bumper, headlight screens, Kenwood subwoofer, 7 speaker surround, aluminum doors, XM receiver, street legal kit with ooga horn, cool cover with header wrap, Dalton kit with low primary spring
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2019, 03:30 PM

Thereís lots of options. This is mine Iíve had about 3 years: https://www.commanderforums.org/foru...iece-roof.html

Iíve thought of adding a powered subwoofer as the radio also has a sub control but Iíve never gotten around to it. Itís pretty loud. Itíll overcome the machineís noise when running fast.

2011 1000XT
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2019, 03:56 PM

Garage
I use a dewalt job site radio fastened on the dump body. It is bluetooth and good sound. It is versitile because I use it everywhere. I have 2013 1000xt and it is good sound to about 45mph or 70kmph.
It just says redneck

post #7 of 7 Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 PM

Has anyone installed the jbl ub4100 on a commander. Wanting to install one but the rear upper part of the roll cage is causing a lot of issues. Any advice would be great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion > Commander Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode