Brake error code on dash - Can-Am Commander Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-07-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Brake error code on dash

So today I am getting a brake error code and reduced power. I recently just put new ball joints bearings and front brake pads on this machine. Something I also done was put LED bulbs in my headlights. I read about checking for codes and it shows no active codes. 2013 can am commander X 1000. Where do I start looking?

Also it will start in gear with foot on brake. Also have led taillights. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-07-2019, 10:46 AM

A faulty brake light switch, maybe failed in closed position, can cause this. Will it start in gear without brake pedal pushed?
acefire likes this.

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Brake error code on dash

When it codes take your foot and left up on brake pedal . Also check your brake lights make sure they are both working and not on all the time . Typically brake code is do to ecm thinking you are on throttle and on brake at same time. So if brake lights are working properly stop driving with two feet. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-07-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

so here is what is weird about the brake lights. i purchased after market brake lights last year. didnt know it for a while afterwards my brake lights do not light up when i hit the brake. the tailights are the only thing that comes on when i am running with lights.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-07-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannedham View Post
A faulty brake light switch, maybe failed in closed position, can cause this. Will it start in gear without brake pedal pushed?
yes it will start in gear without having foot on brake
post #6 of 11 Old 09-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Well, that's where to start. I would think you could unhook brake light switch (at master cylinder) and see what happens.

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-10-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

finally got around to unhooking the sensor. engine will not start in gear. rode around some after that. light and brake message is gone and it runs fine with no limp more.

so i guess i need to replace the sensor, but will it matter if i still use it until i can do that?

thanks guys for the help!
post #8 of 11 Old 09-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

My brake lights havenít worked for 3000 miles. Just drive faster than everyone else and they wonít be close enough to hit you when you brake hard to stop.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Now hook the switch back up and disconnect the after market brake lights . I would guess they may be the issue if brake lights arenít working but will switch hooked up it will start in gear.
post #10 of 11 Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM

So I get the brake error on the dash and goes in lump mode. Replaced brake switch still doing it. Well start in gear if I push on brake. Brake light are on all the time. Even if I unplug the pressure switch What can be the problem thanks for ideas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode