4Likes
  • 1 Post By Troy
  • 1 Post By Troy
  • 1 Post By JTROCKS
  • 1 Post By Thunder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Front Sway Bar

Just installed my clutch, fresh back from Ed. It's awesome! I put RT springs on it while the clutch was sent out. I already had the 2" RT lift on it. Went out for a nice mountain mosh, and I broke the sway bar. Could that have anything to do with the lift and springs, or was it likely on it's way out? A few weeks ago I noticed that it was not even on both sides so I centered it. I assume that is how it should be. Any info on the sway bar would be appreciated. It's a 2013 X.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

I would say it was just time to break. I assume the bar broke not the bolts . Bolts would be the weak link. So if bar broke grab a new on and keep running !!!
post #3 of 10 Old Today, 12:13 AM

I have twisted two on my mander . China finest steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
acefire likes this.

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old Today, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Lol sorry didnít realize this was front sway bar . Throw it in the scrap pile and ride. With the rt springs and lift you definitely donít need it .
post #5 of 10 Old Today, 12:20 AM

I need to learn how to read also . I thought we were talking about the rear one also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
acefire likes this.

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
post #6 of 10 Old Today, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Seems like it may be better for the kind of riding we do. Mostly rough, rocky, mountain terrain.
post #7 of 10 Old Today, 06:44 AM

For sale:low mile like new condition front sway bar bolts mounts and rubbers included
in case you change your mind lol
acefire likes this.

14 XTP 1000 custom made race top lol, 30 in Sirius LED lightbar, 20 in led backup, DZ Fan overide,SSV works audio. Full Kolpin tilting windshield.BRP Lateral skids,Holtz Racing steering rack brace, Blingstar doors,Pro Armour door bags,Tusk cab bag,Troy's cool console cover,Can Am soft rear window,Denali 72" pro plow, Troy and Ed's clutch lockup mod!! Racer Tech lift and dual rate springs,oh yea!29.5x9" Warthogs on all 4's for now
And whatever else yanks at my wallet..OUCH !!!
post #8 of 10 Old Today, 10:29 AM

It broke for a good reason. Throw it away. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
acefire likes this.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is, that it will not be needed until they try to take it

2011 Commander 1000 X.
2 piece tilting windshield, vinyl top, can am dust screen, CSI Outer Armor soft doors, Quadgear soft 2 gun case
Rackzilla rack and pinion. Maverick Gear Box with sport low, Lock up Clutch, RT lift, Torque lock
K&N Air filter, Airaid, EJK
post #9 of 10 Old Today, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefire View Post
I would say it was just time to break. I assume the bar broke not the bolts . Bolts would be the weak link. So if bar broke grab a new on and keep running !!!
Quote:
Lol sorry didnít realize this was front sway bar . Throw it in the scrap pile and ride. With the rt springs and lift you definitely donít need it .
Lol. I was wondering about this advice coming from Ace.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
post #10 of 10 Old Today, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerhead View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Lol. I was wondering about this advice coming from Ace.

Yeah seen sway bar and just assumed was rear. Donít hear much talk of front bars anymore .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion