Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Clutch

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Cormander 
#1 ·
Just opened up my clutch after getting it back from UATV Tech. I noticed that one of the spaces where the governor cup assembly fits into the other half is slightly bent, making it tight to get in. Is this going to affect smoothe/proper operation? Can I remove material or try to bend it back slightly? Any suggestions?

#7 ·
Put the inner on then put it all together . Take it back off and look at the shaft where the ding is and look at the cone on the gov cup. If it goes together and straightens out or it doesn’t hit the governor cup when tight . Run it it should be fine .

#10 ·
I'm confused but will ask for clarity, are you talking the buttons maybe? they don't roll but are round bout the size of a nickel

#11 ·
I think one of the posts are bent from shipping and it’s now binding on one set of buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I've had this happen before. place the sheave with the bent slide and place it in a vice long way of the slider and easily tweak it back out a smidge, then recheck to see if the governor cup will slide. These get bent quite easily with peope using bars, screwdrivers or placing 2x4 against them to hold clutch for loosening and tightening.

#13 ·
Got it all put in and took it for a test ride after running it in the garage. It seems fine. I haven't tried to hit top speed, but I think I hit 60 or so, and no problems. I did not attempt to bend it back, should I? Under normal operation, how far apart do the sheaves go back and forth, or in and out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.