Can-Am Commander Forum banner

The new 364 mav belt

5K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  WyoTT 
#1 ·
Let me just start by saying I don't believe the 364 belt is the same as the 212 belt. I had the 212 belt on for over 4000 miles and never burnt it even running slow in high range climbing hills and what not. I switched out the 212 belt because it was worn down to the minimum specs according to the manual. I cleaned my clutches and new 364 belt really good before I installed. Well even on flat ground while moving I could accelerate quickly and smell the belt since I first put it on. This last weekend in the snow in 2 wheel drive and high range the machine was already moving and I gave about half throttle or so to spin the tires a little and I burnt the crap out of the belt it didn't even try to grab. I have been cleaning and checking my clutches out and they are fine. I marked my primary and the marks have never moved so I don't have a slipper lol. Anyway I just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing anything similar with this new belt number? I wonder if they changed suppliers or the compounds of the belt. I am going to buy a gates carbon belt this time and see if I have better luck than the 364 belt. Who knows maybe I just got a bad one?

#2 ·
After 9000 miles on your machine you may have clutch spring issues . Most don’t get 9000 miles out of a clutch without total rebuild resurfacing or complete replacement. Not saying the belt isn’t the problem but . Lots of wear items in the primary and secondary that will cause a belt to get burnt up.

#7 ·
I do have slight flat spots on my rollers so I am changing them and the slider shoes although the shoes are in good shape. I haven't had any clutch noise at all. My helix measures in spec according to the manual and my sheave faces have no grooving and look good. Trust me I am surprised I haven't had to rebuild or replace the clutches yet. You got me thinking that maybe I should buy a new low engagement spring and secondary spring just incase. Yes booger 9000 miles and still runs as good as the day I took it off the showroom floor. It has been reliable for sure.

#10 ·
I was starting to have belt slipping and changing the secondary spring fixed it

#11 ·
I changed the secondary spring this weekend and am waiting for another new low engagement spring to arrive from bollax. Troy did you measure or compare the secondary spring you took out to the new one? The one I took out was well within spec length wise. Actually it was the same length as the new one.

#13 ·
I can tell you that the torsional force to get the helix engaged in the sheave definitely seemed stronger on the new spring. I am going to throw the old springs away for sure. I would never put them back in. I just found it funny that in the manual they go by checking the spring length and squareness.

#14 ·
When I changed my springs they looked fine but the new ones worked way better

#20 ·
I’ve burned two belts on the mander and it has 42 hours on it! 1000r , the second was the mav belt, it smoked within 45 minutes, that was just easy hills, and one mud hole. Mine is a 2018, and yes I know how to ride, I’m 50 ! Ha but the Polaris just fly around with zero problems!

#23 ·
New machine. Remove clutch and clean sheaves, replace both primary and secondary bolts with ones from uatv-tech.com Tighten primary to 100 ft. lbs. and I bet your problem goes away. As long as you have clutch apart replace the crappy one-way bearings with the sealed units from uatv-tech.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.