Automotive Battery Install - Page 2 - Can-Am Commander Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 09:45 PM

Guess I'm lucky then as I have put on over a 100 000 miles this way on all the quads I had and sxs .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 PM

This might be dumb but why couldn't you put a set of diodes on the second battery like they used to do in the old camper special pickups back in the 70s and 80s
post #13 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Automotive Battery Install

Troy it may be a issue of the winch size. And the slower low watt charging. We were running 10k+ with 147 amp at idle 230 at 1500 rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 09:52 PM

I have 3500 and 4000 lb winches . But when I added the second battery the first stock one was new. Not half used up .

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
post #15 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

May have something there to.

post #16 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 10:00 PM

Maybe as I had over a dozen quads and no blown battery's . What every size of space I found someplace that's the size of second battery it got , plus a new stock size

post #17 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Of course a 52 amp charger is a trickle charge compared to 230 amp, lol

post #18 of 20 Old 01-20-2016, 10:02 PM

Yup

post #19 of 20 Old 01-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Any recommendations on the size of battery to replace the stock
Battery. I have a 2012 commander 1000 Ltd with the fox air shocks so there is no room under the driver seat and the current location under the steering colum is too cluttered. I was thinking about relocating the battery location with a larger lawn mower or car battery and build an enclosure to mount on top of the center console between the seats ina battery box. Does anyone See an issue with doing this ?
post #20 of 20 Old 01-13-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt to eat View Post
Any recommendations on the size of battery to replace the stock
Battery. I have a 2012 commander 1000 Ltd with the fox air shocks so there is no room under the driver seat and the current location under the steering colum is too cluttered. I was thinking about relocating the battery location with a larger lawn mower or car battery and build an enclosure to mount on top of the center console between the seats ina battery box. Does anyone See an issue with doing this ?
I installed an oem size second battery up beside the glovebox with a factory cage. Works great !

The Money Pit !
Worth Every Penny !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander Electric

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode