Electrical Grounds - Can-Am Commander Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Boogerhead
  • 2 Post By dirtnap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-10-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Electrical Grounds

I am in the process of installing lights and whips on my ride. Is the roll cage grounded to frame?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-10-2019, 11:35 PM

I responded to your other post but just in case, welcome to the forum. I cant answer your question but I would assume that any good cage would be grounded to the frame as it would be connected, anyway, lots of good people here with lots of advice and different ideas. If my reply doesn’t help, I encourage you to send a PM directly to Acefire because he knows everything. Hope this helps. Again welcome to the forum and good luck. Boogerhead.
acefire likes this.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-11-2019, 07:22 AM

the cage on commanders is bolted directly to the frame so as long as the torx bolts are clean & tight it will be able to supply a ground, make sure to file away paint at the ground attach point on the cage for a clean connection.
acefire and Boogerhead like this.

Last edited by dirtnap; 07-11-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-16-2019, 09:22 AM

A better way to wire your lights is to run dual wires. One hot from the battery and one ground to your battery. More wire, but you will never have a wiring problem unless you break a wire. Using the rollbar as a ground will eventfully give you problem of bad electrical connections. And DO NOT use scotch locks or standard butt connections. Buy good connectors that have solider in the connection and heat shrink on the ends. Alot of times I use extension cord for my wiring harness, it usually has three wires and a good protection cover to shield the wires against rubbing.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-16-2019, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander 800R

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode