Windshield. - Can-Am Commander Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-05-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Windshield.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a half windshield? I have a full one and hate it. It’s super hot all the time. My biggest concerns are wind deflection and debris.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-05-2019, 08:10 PM

IMHO gotta have one but needs to open when its hot out. Check out the Kolpin or SATV hard coated

14 XTP 1000 custom made race top lol, 30 in Sirius LED lightbar, 20 in led backup, DZ Fan overide,SSV works audio. Full Kolpin tilting windshield.BRP Lateral skids,Holtz Racing steering rack brace, Blingstar doors,Pro Armour door bags,Tusk cab bag,Troy's cool console cover,Can Am soft rear window,Denali 72" pro plow, Troy and Ed's clutch lockup mod!! Racer Tech lift and dual rate springs,oh yea!29.5x9" Warthogs on all 4's for now
And whatever else yanks at my wallet..OUCH !!!
post #3 of 13 Old 06-05-2019, 08:43 PM

Garage
X2 for SATV flip up windshield!!!!

Steve

2014 Commander 1000XT DPS
RT 2" Lift
RT HD Tie Rods
GP A-Arm and Shock Bushings
Audioformz top with Alpine radio and 4 speakers, backup light and interior dome light.
SuperATV Rock Sliders
Dirt Tamer Tires 27x12x12, 27x9x12
STI HD beadlock rims
SuperATV flip up windshield
40" LED lighbar
4K Viper Elite Widespool Winch
Switched Sports Low
UATV-Tech Lockup Mod
Holz Rack Stiffner
Hayden Fan Controller
Titanium Exhaust Wrap
Dirt Industries Doors
Troy's Console Cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-06-2019, 07:01 AM

SATV flip up windshield

2017 Commander Limited
post #5 of 13 Old 06-06-2019, 09:41 AM

I have what everyone calls the kolpin windshield. Actually kolpin is just one company that brands the same windshield. BRP sells it too and so does directions 2. The cheapest place I found it was ebay and here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Tilt-W...IAAOSw78xcmeTg It has closed plus 2 open positions and its also really easy to just pop the top section off leaving you with a 1/4 windshield for summer. The superatv is easier to operate as it has one handle in the middle with struts whereas the kolpin has one on each side. The superatv will open all the way and remain attached while the kolpin has two fixed open settings and the top must be removed if you want it all the way open (does the superatv top come completely off? can you run full speed with it fully opened?). They're both made of the same material. The main reason I went with the so called kolpin is because it was $100 cheaper. I've been running it for a few years and am satisfied. I see how the mechanism superatv uses is more convenient but then again its not much trouble to operate two handle/latches instead of one.

2011 1000XT
post #6 of 13 Old 06-06-2019, 05:13 PM

here in HOT Florida,i have a satv half windshield that deflects frontal wind & is easily installed or removed ,we only use it for our so called winter evening rides when the temp. drops below 60 or when riding in rainy weather. i usually wear a full coverage helmet when riding hard .
post #7 of 13 Old 06-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Garage
Satv flip up windshield is great. Full speed when flipped up is not a problem.

post #8 of 13 Old 06-06-2019, 09:36 PM

Another vote for the SATV flipup. Probably the #1 windshield on the market. I have had the half windshields and if you ever get caught in a raging rain storm that will end the half windshield idea.
JTROCKS likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-14-2019, 09:37 AM

The tilt up is what I have on mine. Works great in all weather ! Fault: The windshield tilts in the middle and puts the edges right in your line of sight. I have to raise myself up or down slightly to get full vision. Not bad and you get use to it. Like the cornor posts on your truck getting in the way. 😁😎

Chariot Racer !
post #10 of 13 Old 06-14-2019, 11:30 AM

Windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnap View Post
here in HOT Florida,i have a satv half windshield that deflects frontal wind & is easily installed or removed ,we only use it for our so called winter evening rides when the temp. drops below 60 or when riding in rainy weather. i usually wear a full coverage helmet when riding hard .

“Winter evening rides when the temp drops below 60.” Baaahahaha!!!!!!! I wish. Sometimes that’s the high temp during the summer in Boogerland.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!

Last edited by Boogerhead; 06-16-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander 800R

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode