belt question - Can-Am Commander Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-27-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

belt question

Hey all, I know this has been discussed, but my searches are fruitless, even basic web scouring. It's confusing.

My uncle and I decided to tear off my cvt cover today and inspect the belt. I only have 74 hrs on her. Lo and behold, theres a tear in it w 2 threads showing. It's just on the top part. a tint split in the top layer. The rest of the belt is perfect. I have no idea how it happened, unless somehow I have a bad belt from the factory?

So, endless searching on trying to find a new mav belt came up empty. It seems the 212 belt is the one everyone seems to purchase, but all of the people seem to have 100's. I have a 15 800R dps. will this work?

Also, my uncle wants a spare for the trail. He has a 19 limited 100. will the 212 work on both?

I appreciate the help. If I didnt waste over an hour scouring the net yesterday, I wouldn't be bothering you all for a topic that I know has been covered.

Thanks in advance, MOT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-27-2019, 10:01 PM

The same belt fits the 800 and 1000. The ď212Ē is the last 3 digits of the part number for the OG maverick belt but they changed the part number about 2 years ago. The new last 3 digits for the same belt are ď364Ē. You may still find a 212 in stock somewhere but most likely itíll be 364.

2011 1000XT
post #3 of 21 Old 05-27-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 05-27-2019, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

belt question

And as for the belt thread issue thatís from abuse of the throttle foot !! And if you say it wasnít then it was lack of abuse by throttle foot causing belt to over heat and start coming apart . lol good luck have fun .
mot likes this.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-28-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Im just wondering if maybe plowing w it shortened the life, but I tried to always stomp the gas and get a running start and drop the plow. There were times that i did smoke the belt a little on the trail when i got stopped on a hill bc of the riders in front of me.

I'm just surprised it died so soon. Live and learn i guess. ive learned a lot here and changed my riding style reading up. As long as I dont ride like booger, i should be good. hahaha
acefire and Boogerhead like this.
post #6 of 21 Old 05-28-2019, 08:07 AM

Got my belt here. Create an account and login. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

2011 Commander X. EMP roof, EMP 1/2 windshield, Rock Sliders, Machined secondary and a cvtech primary, Warn Winch
post #7 of 21 Old 05-28-2019, 08:17 AM

I'm curious ever done the marker test to see if clutch is slipping? Heat kills belts plowing is work but I pulled things apart end of plowing season as I could feel my weights were getting worn and giving me ill shift out, and found that last years riding belt had held up and after a kwik 120 sanding was reinstalled and we ran the dog sh*t out of it this weekend with no issue. The theory Aceflyer was pointing out was the basic no pussy footing!! feathering the throttle getting going is a no/no (shutter) is bad = more throttle faster. If you would post up a pic of the thread issue are plz and thanx
acefire likes this.

14 XTP 1000 custom made race top lol, 30 in Sirius LED lightbar, 20 in led backup, DZ Fan overide,SSV works audio. Full Kolpin tilting windshield.BRP Lateral skids,Holtz Racing steering rack brace, Blingstar doors,Pro Armour door bags,Tusk cab bag,Troy's cool console cover,Can Am soft rear window,Denali 72" pro plow, Troy and Ed's clutch lockup mod!! Racer Tech lift and dual rate springs,oh yea!29.5x9" Warthogs on all 4's for now
And whatever else yanks at my wallet..OUCH !!!
post #8 of 21 Old 05-28-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
Got my belt here. Create an account and login. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/
They were charging me tax @ checkout so went to partzilla and saved 5 bucks by paying for standard shipping! Took me 20 minutes but by golly that's 5 bucks lol

14 XTP 1000 custom made race top lol, 30 in Sirius LED lightbar, 20 in led backup, DZ Fan overide,SSV works audio. Full Kolpin tilting windshield.BRP Lateral skids,Holtz Racing steering rack brace, Blingstar doors,Pro Armour door bags,Tusk cab bag,Troy's cool console cover,Can Am soft rear window,Denali 72" pro plow, Troy and Ed's clutch lockup mod!! Racer Tech lift and dual rate springs,oh yea!29.5x9" Warthogs on all 4's for now
post #9 of 21 Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROCKS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
They were charging me tax @ checkout so went to partzilla and saved 5 bucks by paying for standard shipping! Took me 20 minutes but by golly that's 5 bucks lol
I havenít tried partzilla but will check themout next time.

2011 Commander X. EMP roof, EMP 1/2 windshield, Rock Sliders, Machined secondary and a cvtech primary, Warn Winch
post #10 of 21 Old 05-28-2019, 11:44 AM

You have to compare! it's the only way. Partshark is another good one that utilizes discount prices if you have an account. Just shut off the damn e-mail notification option holy hell like that's all I do is scroll thru my inbox lol

Last edited by JTROCKS; 05-28-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander 800R

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode