Drve belt Preference - Can-Am Commander Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Drve belt Preference

I have not seen much on drive belt replacement. I am going to buy a spare . Has it been found as yet that the new belt 654 is superior to the older standard belt , sure like to hear about it as there pretty expensive around here , And I am not afraid to pay more for good quality. Also I have no experience with the commander as mine is not here as yet . Are the hard on belts like 1000 km or can you expect 5000 km of normal use not pulling heavy loads or smoking the belt,.. Thanks in advace for all comments John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 05:06 PM

Welcome to the forum. There are tons of threads on this but the general consensus seems to be using the factory Maverick belt.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
post #3 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafjaf View Post
I have not seen much on drive belt replacement. I am going to buy a spare . Has it been found as yet that the new belt 654 is superior to the older standard belt , sure like to hear about it as there pretty expensive around here , And I am not afraid to pay more for good quality. Also I have no experience with the commander as mine is not here as yet . Are the hard on belts like 1000 km or can you expect 5000 km of normal use not pulling heavy loads or smoking the belt,.. Thanks in advace for all comments John
I am hearing good results on the EPI SEVERE DUTY at under $140.00 shipped to lower 48 & Ak other destinations on request.
I am now selling the Severe Duty Belts by EPI. Belt has a 1 year warranty send it back direct to EPI with $20.00 for a no ??? asked
replacement. Return instructions clear on the Belt Sleeve.

Check out my web site
* NEW E-MAIL Address*
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollax View Post
Quote:
I am hearing good results on the EPI SEVERE DUTY at under $140.00 shipped to lower 48 & Ak other destinations on request.
I am now selling the Severe Duty Belts by EPI. Belt has a 1 year warranty send it back direct to EPI with $20.00 for a no ??? asked
replacement. Return instructions clear on the Belt Sleeve.
PS correct Mav belt # is 422 280 364 not 654.

Check out my web site
* NEW E-MAIL Address*
[email protected]
post #5 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

And 364 is the updated part# for the 212 belt . So if you go with mav do the 212 or 364. Thereís still some 212 old stock out there as well.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 06:40 PM

Donít know anything about this belt Ed nor that you are selling them. Keep us posted on the feedback on them.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
post #7 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I find the Ski Doo oem belts are the best on most snowmobile conditions ,last longer ,and cooler there are exceptions occasionaly
post #8 of 16 Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Thanks I find the Ski Doo oem belts are the best on most snowmobile conditions ,last longer ,and cooler there are exceptions occasionaly
is cooler an option on snow machines, ?
Sorry just had to ask, LOL
[email protected] likes this.

Check out my web site
* NEW E-MAIL Address*
[email protected]
post #9 of 16 Old 04-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Use the 364 belt as I have tested them all as I sell all brands in my shop . I wouldnít use the EPI belt as it didnít last me 500 miles . The dayco XTX is a fair belt . But still not as good as the 364

A list of mods extreme bumper,hid lights,led light bar,powersteering,rackzilla,customlift;outlaw tires,beadlocks,dual batterys dual exhaust,dualwinchs,full warn skids custom cab,heater ,black box,clutchkit,roof,tunes,gorilla frontaxles,2013QE diff,custom built front driveshaft,pipewrap,low sport ,blower, fan over ride, BEST MOD maverick rear diff,quiet and tuff , turner rear axles, custom center console cover that controls all heat and noise IM DONE.............
post #10 of 16 Old 04-11-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollax View Post
Quote:
is cooler an option on snow machines, ?
Sorry just had to ask, LOL
Now Now Ed c'mon you know as well as I do a badly calibrated "snow machine" clutch can get hot enuf to melt the side panels off even on lower horsepower sleds! And I have to beieve that EPI and Highlifter belts are manufactured by one of the big companies anywho...

14 XTP 1000 custom made race top lol, 30 in Sirius LED lightbar, 20 in led backup, DZ Fan overide,SSV works audio. Full Kolpin tilting windshield.BRP Lateral skids,Holtz Racing steering rack brace, Blingstar doors,Pro Armour door bags,Tusk cab bag,Troy's cool console cover,Can Am soft rear window,Denali 72" pro plow, Troy and Ed's clutch lockup mod!! Racer Tech lift and dual rate springs,oh yea!29.5x9" Warthogs on all 4's for now
And whatever else yanks at my wallet..OUCH !!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander 1000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode