Bed Alignment - Can-Am Commander Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By JUPITER COMMANDER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bed Alignment

Since I got my Commander a month ago, it irked me each time I looked at the gap between the dump bed and the body. The passenger side gap was greater than the drivers side gap. I broke out the tools yesterday morning and went to work. There are two through bolts holding the bed onto a slide bracket for fine adjustments. I removed both of the bolts. There are also two tension brackets with 2 bolts each that can be loosened allowing the bed to be moved forward or aft. With a little wiggling and some fine tuning I got my bed gap nice and even on both sides and it clamps down without any slop. I'm no longer irked!!

2012 Commander XT1000
2.5" Lift, Wheel Spacers, MSA M20 Kore Wheels, ITP Mega Mayhem tires, Custom aluminum roof, Kenwood stereo

Last edited by JUPITER COMMANDER; 12-03-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Recently got a ‘19 Commander with same issue annoys the heck outta me I took the bolts out for the slide bracket what exactly are the tension brackets your talking about
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Garage
Determination

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITER COMMANDER View Post
Since I got my Commander a month ago, it irked me each time I looked at the gap between the dump bed and the body. The passenger side gap was greater than the drivers side gap. I broke out the tools yesterday morning and went to work. There are two through bolts holding the bed onto a slide bracket for fine adjustments. I removed both of the bolts. There are also two tension brackets with 2 bolts each that can be loosened allowing the bed to be moved forward or aft. With a little wiggling and some fine tuning I got my bed gap nice and even on both sides and it clamps down without any slop. I'm no longer irked!!
Amazing what a little determination and a couple of wrenches can accomplish.

“You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.”-James Patterson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old Today, 06:34 AM

Must be common as my 17 bed is way outta wack. When I installed the flares it became really noticeable. One side lines up great and the other is 3/8 of an inch off
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 05:50 PM

Nice work!

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander 1000