Fuse Block Placement?

This is a discussion on Fuse Block Placement? within the Commander Lighting, Stereo and Electrical forums, part of the Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion category; I've got one of the Blue Seas fuse blocks on order, due to be in this week. I've got several LEDs and a stereo that ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion > Commander Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #1

Member #2709
View FiggityFunk's Photo Gallery()
Fuse Block Placement?

I've got one of the Blue Seas fuse blocks on order, due to be in this week. I've got several LEDs and a stereo that I've hooked up to some of the aftermarket lighted rocker switches that match the factory switches. Where is the best place to mount this fuse block? Down near the battery is an option and was also thinking about putting it up and behind the factory switch panel... Just tossing around ideas before it gets here... Thoughts?
Can Am Sport Visor, Rearview Mirror, Half Windshield, Wind Screen, Rock Sliders, Rear Bumper, Front Skid, A-Arm Guards, SSV Works Audio System w/JL Audio Marine Amp & 10" Sub in Custom Box, Thermo-Tec Heat/Sound Matting/Exhaust Wrap, Camo Dipped Pro Armor Doors, Dipped Dash & Center Console Trim, 12 Circuit Fuse Block, Roof, Green Switches & Green LEDs, 4" Inline Blower Fan for CVT, 2" Lift, Radiator Fan Override Switch, Snorkeled w/Filtered Intakes, and Horn
FiggityFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #2

Member #588
View jeffcojohn's Photo Gallery()
I have a painless wiring block and I mounted it on the back wall of glove box. It works fine for me here
jeffcojohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #3

Member #2464
View Mud Yapster's Photo Gallery()
Figgity Funk
I can take a picture of mine and post it for you I mounted mine to the left of the battery just below the net belt clip. My fuse block is a marine block with seperate fuses for each circuit. In this location it has been out of the way and really hasn't even gotten wet yet although I put the die electric grease on the connections and fuses. Or just remind me to show you this weekend.

Mud Mafia
You hit this we hit you!!!!
Mud Yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
ad2

Member #1329
View ad2's Photo Gallery()
How do you get to the back of the switch panel or the back of the glove box. Unlike a Rhino, it looks like a major task to get the front off.
ad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #5

Member #2709
View FiggityFunk's Photo Gallery()
To get behind the switch panel/center dash panel, all you have to do is remove the two screws that hold it tight on top of the dash, then there are two plastic retaining pins on the bottom left and right sides. The panel slides right out. To get behind the glove box, open the glove box, remove the black plastic trim piece directly above it by pulling it torward you. Once that trim piece is out, then there is two bolts, one on the left and one on the right that have to be removed, then the whole thing will slide out.
Can Am Sport Visor, Rearview Mirror, Half Windshield, Wind Screen, Rock Sliders, Rear Bumper, Front Skid, A-Arm Guards, SSV Works Audio System w/JL Audio Marine Amp & 10" Sub in Custom Box, Thermo-Tec Heat/Sound Matting/Exhaust Wrap, Camo Dipped Pro Armor Doors, Dipped Dash & Center Console Trim, 12 Circuit Fuse Block, Roof, Green Switches & Green LEDs, 4" Inline Blower Fan for CVT, 2" Lift, Radiator Fan Override Switch, Snorkeled w/Filtered Intakes, and Horn
FiggityFunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander Technical Discussion > Commander Lighting, Stereo and Electrical

Search tags for this page

can am commander fuses

2010 can am fuse order on the rwar fuse box

placement of fuse block

can am 1000 xt 2012 fuses
can am commander fuse box mount
fuse layout can am 1000 outlander
remove fuse box cover can am maverick
can am maverick fuse block install
fuse location in fuse box on a outlander 1000
2012 comander 1000 fuse box
fuse box in a ds 450
can am maverick delphi 38 fuse
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.