Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Commander DIY speaker pod

44K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  duckcmmndr 
#1 · (Edited)
I am new to the site and figured I would start out by sharing my latest commander project as it progresses. I am building an overhead roll bar mounted speaker pod and stereo system. I originally had a shark motorcycle audio system on the commander and it got sent back and so the build started. I got the design idea from a google image search the brought me to a thread by duckcmmndr, who does an excellent job on all his projects. Thanks for the idea!

I am starting with a $33 piece of plywood from lowes and am trying to complete the project with under $250 in the budget. I also am budget shopping on amazon for audio components that will work and sound good, nothing expensive or fantsy.

I will update and add images and comments as I hit benchmarks that are worth noting and eventually will make a short YouTube video. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post or PM me. Thanks for looking!

Msfirefighter662

My YouTube channel is

http://www.youtube.com/msfirefighter662

Attachments

See less See more
#35 ·
No, I can not think of anything that you would need to do with the charging system. The stereo consumes an insignificant amount if power.

#39 ·
If you look on page 3 there are several images that try to demonstrate the dimensions and one drawing with measurements. Wiring was pretty simple once the 12+ was was run up the roll bar, just follow the instructions of whatever stereo you purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.