Defrost windshields

This is a discussion on Defrost windshields within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; Looks great Yotehunter. Fill us in how well it works...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #31

Member #5886
View prconnection's Photo Gallery()
Looks great Yotehunter. Fill us in how well it works
prconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #32

Member #4983
View arcticmonster's Photo Gallery()
I do know how well these work. I wonder where in the commander one can install these. I never really looked too closely where it could fit.

Quote: Originally Posted by yotehunter View Post
Defrosters.

arcticmonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #33

Member #5647
View smoker62's Photo Gallery()
Looks like a shin banger . Could just be the angle though.
2012 Commander X 1000, Dragonfire 3/4 exhaust, Yoshimura PIM2 Fuel Controller, UTV Inc Roof, Kolpin Windshield, Viper Widespool Elite , DZ-STI 2" wheel spacers, DZ Sport Mode Low,DZ Fan Overide, BRP Plow,Rear View Mirror, Side view Mirrors , Tusk Rear Window,Amsoil , Rice Stealth 76"x 12' Trailer.
smoker62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #34

Member #1900
View duckcmmndr's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by smoker62 View Post
Looks like a shin banger . Could just be the angle though.
That's on a RZR....tons more room in a commander. IMO....this is the only way to go. No worry about drain on your charging system and will produce way more heat.

Here are some pics I found.

Main unit mounted on the passenger side up behind/beside the glove box.

Kolpin Rear Windshild
Factory UTV UHMW A Arm Guards
QuadGear Double Gun Case
Custom Rear View Mirror
Custom Rubber Bed Mat
Custom Multi-Hookup Receiver Hitch
2" LED Reverse Lights
BRP Lock for storage box
BRP 12v outlet for bed
Street Legal
Clarion XMD3 Marine Stereo
Audiopipe APMR-1504 Amp
Polk Audio 1040 10" Sub
SSV Works Sub-Enclosure
Polk Audio DB 691 6x9's
Odyssey PC925 2nd Battery
Blue Sea Systems 7610 ACR
duckcmmndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #35

Member #4882
View mrpositraction's Photo Gallery()
Well these might be better options if they can move more air! I had frost this morning and the bike was loaded up for the trip today. I started it on the trailer and with the split windshield I couldn't thaw the top windshield with my position, only the bottom windshield.

And that took some time as well! Probably 10 mins to thaw the bottom windshield. I may look into this other option.

EDIT: Also, with the split windshield we don't get the heat transfer from the lower windshield where both my attempt and the heater boxes depicted will blow the heat. Might just have to take it off and then put it on in the morning.

Last edited by mrpositraction; 11-02-2012 at 09:53 AM.
mrpositraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #36

Member #4983
View arcticmonster's Photo Gallery()
This is the one i'm currently looking at

Summit Racing® Automotive Heaters SUM-991102-1 - SummitRacing.com
arcticmonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #37

Member #4882
Please excuse me, this is shot with my cheap phone (aka a potato)

After 10 min

Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #38

Member #5886
View prconnection's Photo Gallery()
When we are out moose hunting the bikes stay out all night also and sometimes wake up to heavy frost or even snow. I found the best solution for a quick get up and go has be to cut yourself a small tarp cut the the size of the windshield. Use small bunggies to hold it on over night. In the morning we fire up the bike turn on the heat and remove the tarp. No frost , condensation or snow. Ready to role in 5 min. Just a thought for those early morning rides. But that heater shown tied to the bike cooling system is certainly the best way to get additional heat. JMO

Dan
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
Well these might be better options if they can move more air! I had frost this morning and the bike was loaded up for the trip today. I started it on the trailer and with the split windshield I couldn't thaw the top windshield with my position, only the bottom windshield.

And that took some time as well! Probably 10 mins to thaw the bottom windshield. I may look into this other option.

EDIT: Also, with the split windshield we don't get the heat transfer from the lower windshield where both my attempt and the heater boxes depicted will blow the heat. Might just have to take it off and then put it on in the morning.
prconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #39

Member #4882
Quote: Originally Posted by prconnection View Post
When we are out moose hunting the bikes stay out all night also and sometimes wake up to heavy frost or even snow. I found the best solution for a quick get up and go has be to cut yourself a small tarp cut the the size of the windshield. Use small bunggies to hold it on over night. In the morning we fire up the bike turn on the heat and remove the tarp. No frost , condensation or snow. Ready to role in 5 min. Just a thought for those early morning rides. But that heater shown tied to the bike cooling system is certainly the best way to get additional heat. JMO

Dan
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post

The tarp is a good idea, will probably implement it this hunting season. I am contemplating ripping these off before I head out today. The are really useless IMO

EDIT: 4 hours of wiring, $50 in supplies for a trial. "If we chalk up our failures as experiments, we can view them as successes"
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #40

Member #4882
Insult to injury:

10 minutes after I shut the bike off, from the heat of the bike itself LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

12 volt windshield defroster

utv defroster

12 volt marine in dash defroster

12 volt boat window defrosters
custom defrosting windshields
12 boat windshield defroster
boat windshield defroster
atv window defrosters
marine windshield defrosters
marine window defrosters
utv heater and defroster can am
where do you mount heater in arctic cat wildcat
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.