Commander X or LTD

This is a discussion on Commander X or LTD within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; My dealer has both on the floor 2013 X graphite black and a white LTD. There is 4k difference. Which one???? The LTD is so ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1

Member #2012
View tcat1019's Photo Gallery()
Commander X or LTD

My dealer has both on the floor 2013 X graphite black and a white LTD. There is 4k difference. Which one???? The LTD is so sweet. But requires rock sliders which the X has. The air suspension is a cool feature, but I have concerns with the long term maintenance of this feature. Aluminum rims are sweet but can get scratched easy.... The X requires a winch and a stereo system which can be added easy. I already have a GPS which I can mount. I plan on adding a cage extension and likely a cab enclosure to either. it may be easier to adapt these to the X that does not have a roof.... Decisions... Any thoughts?
tcat1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #2

Member #4882
View mrpositraction's Photo Gallery()
I was originally going for the LTD, but the X suits my needs better. I just picked up a winch for $229 and installed a LTD stereo and made my own speaker boxes. I bought used so it already had the roof and windshield which were a must in my mind.
mrpositraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #3

Member #274
View Ditchdigger's Photo Gallery()
I have the Ltd and love the shocks and all of the goodys. In my book the Ltd shocks are as good as the Xshocks I have driven both machines at St Anthony's dunes, the only time I have been able to bottom out the Ltd shocks is when I had them set on setting 2 or lower comming off a short dune at about 20 mph. I bottomed the X on about the same type of dune at about the same speed. The Ltd shocks are not as ajustable as the X shocks thou. I have over 1500 miles on it. I think that the shocks are worth the $4000 alone and the other stuff is the frosting on the cake.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #4

Member #4882
View mrpositraction's Photo Gallery()
I have my X shocks on the some of the lowest settings. I put around, but could really feel the differnence in the X shocks versus the standard shocks. Never got to drive a LTD.
mrpositraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #5

Member #5327
View bansheephreak's Photo Gallery()
I hear the compressors for the ltd are really high dollar, and I can't imagine the air shocks are cheap. I'd go with the x just for the lower cost of maintenance, and 1 less thing to worry about going wrong.
bansheephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #6

Member #3849
View Baxter904's Photo Gallery()
Go the Limited I ve 4500km on mine with no problems so far from the compresser or shocks. The only thing I could have done with out is the stereo and that's only because you can't hear it while riding.

2012 Commander Limited
K&T Box
QSC & STM Clutch
40in Rigid lightbar

2013 Outlander 1000 XT
BRP skid plates
ITP SS 212 rims
Stage 2 Elkas (ordered)
2013 XT-P Gauge cluster

2009 Renegade 800R Sold
Baxter904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #7

Member #5874
View Coastie3202's Photo Gallery()
I would....oh wait....I did...go with the X. I looked at all the bells and whistles on the Limited and could only think about how much it would cost to fix or replace when the bells stopped ringing or the whistles stopped tooting.

On the fly suspension is nice, but like 4 wheel drive in a truck, how often are you really going to use it. Most riders will find that comfortable setting on the shocks then leave it there. Sure the novelty will have you adjusting it all the time, at first, but the novelty will wear off. I think you can't beat the Fox racing suspension on the X.

Stereo? Hmmmmm, I have always found that a good set of ear buds works much much better than any set of speakers and subwoofers when you are ripping around. Sure the speakers and subs are nice at the campsite, but again for me it's a novelty thing. I also have concerns about making others listen to my music when they may not want to. Just my pet peeve.

Can't really think of anything else that the Limited offers that I can't put on my X, myself, and at a lower price.

Oh, forgot.........the X just looks badass.

Coastie3202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #8

Member #5339
View canadianking's Photo Gallery()
I looked at both when i bought my x. Went with the x and all the mods in my sig and came in at close to the same price as the ltd. It was a no brainer for me. My ssv stereo sounds good and I can hear it while ripping around. The clutch was a must for the tires im running. I couldnt be any happier with my machine other then a Holtz +3" long travel.
2012 PINES built Commander 1000x, Airdam primary, 31 outlaws, snorkels, pro armour doors, Winch front and back, Fan override switch, Half windsheild, sport roof, gear rail, ssv tunes, trunk monkey, Msa Nukes, cvt blower, 2.5" super atv lift
canadianking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #9

Member #274
View Ditchdigger's Photo Gallery()
I ajust the air in my shocks at least 3 or 4 time everytime I ride. I ajust them up for the big rocks and back down for a smoother ride on the smoother suff. The radio I could do without, Like one of the other post, you can't hear it over 20mph. I have not had any problems with the air system except the compresser is to small to realy pump up tires, I bought a 12 volt to carry in the commander for that.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

wanted used 2013 can-am commander limited

can am commander x long travel
can am commander limited shocks installed wrong
can am commander x or limited
commander x or limited?
commander x or limited
can am commanderx limited white
buy 2012 can am commander x limited
can am commander x 2013 forum
2013 can am commander ltd long travel kit
can am commander limited speakers marine or not
2013 can am commander x what kind of stereo?
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.