head gasket issues????

This is a discussion on head gasket issues???? within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; I am having issues. Even after a fairly short ride my coolant is coming out of the overflow container. My friend was driving and said ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #1

Member #2063
View country mouse's Photo Gallery()
head gasket issues????

I am having issues. Even after a fairly short ride my coolant is coming out of the overflow container. My friend was driving and said she was having overheating issues. I cleaned the rad and topped up the coolant. I took it for a test ride to see if the fan was cycling. It was and everything seemed to be working fine. When I got home the temp on the display was reading normal. Shut it off and inspected. The coolant was going out of the rad and into the overflow container. The coolant was bubbling like crazy. My question is....Is my head gasket gone and causing my cooling system to pressurize and puke out my coolant thus creating my heating problem? Any ideas?
72" canam snowplow
2" clk turnkey lift
K&N air filter, airdam clutch
Rearview mirror
Pro armor doors
EZ Steer power steering
country mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #485
View Odyknuck's Photo Gallery()
It could be as simple as a bad radiator cap. I would also check for coolant in the oil and oil in the coolant. Is there white smoke coming out of the exhaust? These are all signs of a bad head Gasket.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

Member #31
View Capt.D's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
It could be as simple as a bad radiator cap. I would also check for coolant in the oil and oil in the coolant. Is there white smoke coming out of the exhaust? These are all signs of a bad head Gasket.
I agree with Odyknuck....if you don't have oily water and no smoke coming out the exhaust try thr cap first......I bet that fixes it but in the event it doesn't check your thermostats......
Capt.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #4

Member #3478
View 1998dieselman's Photo Gallery()
My buddy had this same issue with his truck: never any oil in the coolent, never any coolent in the oil, and it was always puking the coolent out the over flow, and it wouldn't even smoke white (except on first start of the day) it ended up being the head gaskets.
They both go Vroom Vroom!!!!!!
Way too much Sh!t to list here anymore...
1998dieselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #5

Member #2063
View country mouse's Photo Gallery()
I got in touch with a friend of mine this afternoon. He drop by for a couple cold ones. He has the same machine. Switched rad caps and let er buck. All is well in commander land once again. Appreciate the ideas. Getting a new cap this week. Have to pull a float in a parade next weekend. Lol. Will try the new cap and hope it doesn't happen again. Will keep a close eye on it for awhile.
72" canam snowplow
2" clk turnkey lift
K&N air filter, airdam clutch
Rearview mirror
Pro armor doors
EZ Steer power steering
country mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

can am commander head gasket

can am commander head gasket problems

can am commander blown head gasket

how to check a bad head gasket on a polaris ranger
can am commander overheat head gasket
polaris ranger smoking
can-am commander 1000 blown head gasket
can am commander 1000 head gasket
polaris ranger xp 700 overheating
can am 1000 head gasket
forum can am head gasket
using used head gasket can am
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.