1000 x problems... fan fuse, transmission

This is a discussion on 1000 x problems... fan fuse, transmission within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; hey guys i have a few problems/concerns and questions... i have a 2011 1000 x and i have had issues since its been new with ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #1

Member #5169
View Kyle_S's Photo Gallery()
1000 x problems... fan fuse, transmission

hey guys i have a few problems/concerns and questions... i have a 2011 1000 x and i have had issues since its been new with the fan fuse blowing after ive been in water.. the dealership replaced the fan motor assembly and it still had the same problem until recently the dealership put in a relay to trip instead of the fuse blowing. it seems to be working and not blowing the fuse but i was riding yesterday (in the midwest) and i ran about a five mile stretch down a road at about 60mph and it went into limp home mode due to over heating i slowed down and the fan was running... it cooled down and i continued on my way.. when i got home i smelled gear oil... i opened the dump bed and a breather hose by the cvt exhaust was boiling out gear oil onto the the exhaust and skid plate/ frame... any suggestions as to where i need to start... Can am corporate has already denied my claims on the fan stating that it was user abuse due to deep water going into a breather hose on top of the fan.. thanks
Kyle_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #2

Member #31
View Capt.D's Photo Gallery()
Was it the differential hose or gear box

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Capt.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #3

Member #5169
View Kyle_S's Photo Gallery()
i would say it was the gearbox since it was that far forward... i'm guessing its the same issue i had with my renegade in that the gearbox takes in water through a shitty one way valve that's on the end of the hose and the water breaks down the oil and causes the excess to over flow.. my renegade was so bad when it was winter it would freeze in gear and i'd ave to drag it into my garage to defrost it in order to shift the gears when it was cold.. i fixed it by swapping oil and running the breather and valve over the handle bars
Kyle_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

can am commander transmission problems

can am commander problems

location of fan fuse on renegade

can-am fan noy working

can am commander x problems

can am commander fan fuse

can am x problems
commander 1000 xt trouble transmission
2012 can am commander transmission recall
can am maverick, smell gear oil
maverick x transmission problems
can am renegade 1000 transmission problems
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.