Commander vs Razr on Truck U TV Show

This is a discussion on Commander vs Razr on Truck U TV Show within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; Anyone catch the Commander vs Razr on the Truck U tv show on Speed??? They test drove a Can-Am Commander 1000 X and a Polaris ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #1

Member #4691
View flyingcrodeo's Photo Gallery()
Commander vs Razr on Truck U TV Show

Anyone catch the Commander vs Razr on the Truck U tv show on Speed??? They test drove a Can-Am Commander 1000 X and a Polaris Razr 800 and then fixed things they didnt like.

The Can-am:
1. The FST entire suspension, swapped out everything to full dual wishbone and relocated the shock mounts to out and back and straight up and down and added King shocks.

2. FST Axles

3. FST Steering component

4. Wheels and tires

5. Clutches and CVT Belt

6. Added dual HMF exhaust

The Razr:
1. Hubs

2. Wheels and tires

3. Dyno Jet Power Commander V Programmer

I liked it they covered alot of the bad parts of the Commander and showed you how to fix them yourself!!

I think it aired 4/15/2012

Stock for now
Pro Box Top
BRP Full Windshield
XT Fender Flares
2" Wheels Spacers
To Do List:
Muzzy Black Box
Muzzy Programmer
HMF Exhaust
TMI Clutches
Weller Intake
Custom Snorkel Kit
Holtz Long Travel
flyingcrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #2

Member #2885
View CNUTTER's Photo Gallery()
Not a fan of the FST stuff. Not because its not good because I honestly don't know how it works or how good it is because no one has posted a review of it after install on their machine. My issue with it is it takes the Commanders suspension and totally redesigns it. It would have been nice to see them use Turnkeys Long travel or one of the other companies long travel that leaves everything the same but beefs it up, widens the wheel base, and makes the Commander have a bit longer wheel base.
EMP Bumper, Roof, Full & Half Wind Shields, Battery Box, 2 x EMP Cooter Brown Stereo Pods * Fusion Marine MS-IP600 Stereo W/ MS-WR600c Wired Remote* Marine Radio * Can-Am Rear Bumper, XT Fender Flares, XT Bed Rails, Limited GPS/Radio Dash, Garmin 650T * TurnKey Harness Bar * Dragon Fire Racing H-Style Harness W/ Seat Override * Thermal Exhaust Wrap * PROARMOR Doors * Wicked Bilt PS, Rackzilla W/ Holz Steering Rack Brace* Holz +3 LT * STM Rage 6 w/Gen 2 STM Secondary
CNUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #3

Member #4691
Well i think one reason nobody has posted anything about it is because nobody has bought it. I looked it up and the kit is $6,200!!!! And I like it and would love to have it on mine! But there is no way im paying that much money! I like it because it swaps the rear out with full a arms and the shocks are mounted so that they are straight up and down and arent worked at an angle

Stock for now
Pro Box Top
BRP Full Windshield
XT Fender Flares
2" Wheels Spacers
To Do List:
Muzzy Black Box
Muzzy Programmer
HMF Exhaust
TMI Clutches
Weller Intake
Custom Snorkel Kit
Holtz Long Travel
Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #4

Member #2885
View CNUTTER's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo View Post
Well i think one reason nobody has posted anything about it is because nobody has bought it. I looked it up and the kit is $6,200!!!! And I like it and would love to have it on mine! But there is no way im paying that much money! I like it because it swaps the rear out with full a arms and the shocks are mounted so that they are straight up and down and arent worked at an angle
You know I watched them say that but they didn't take issue with the RZR design that btw works at a angle not strait up and down. Just a thought... and yeah $6200 is high as hell. Nice to see someone working on a Commander and all again just wish they used something that enhances the stock equipment and didn't change it to something it is not.
EMP Bumper, Roof, Full & Half Wind Shields, Battery Box, 2 x EMP Cooter Brown Stereo Pods * Fusion Marine MS-IP600 Stereo W/ MS-WR600c Wired Remote* Marine Radio * Can-Am Rear Bumper, XT Fender Flares, XT Bed Rails, Limited GPS/Radio Dash, Garmin 650T * TurnKey Harness Bar * Dragon Fire Racing H-Style Harness W/ Seat Override * Thermal Exhaust Wrap * PROARMOR Doors * Wicked Bilt PS, Rackzilla W/ Holz Steering Rack Brace* Holz +3 LT * STM Rage 6 w/Gen 2 STM Secondary
CNUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #5

Member #4691
Yeah i see what your sayin and its cool to see someone workin on these things in a tv show especially one about trucks

Stock for now
Pro Box Top
BRP Full Windshield
XT Fender Flares
2" Wheels Spacers
To Do List:
Muzzy Black Box
Muzzy Programmer
HMF Exhaust
TMI Clutches
Weller Intake
Custom Snorkel Kit
Holtz Long Travel
Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #6

Member #1365
View canamxteam's Photo Gallery()
There has to be a reason why the xp wildcat and commander have trailing arms and not aarms Dont the trophy trucks have trailing arms too? If you have a arms doesnt the rear wheels move in and out and not straight up and down causing the machine to move side to side
canamxteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #7

Member #4691
Well from what little i know and what they said that with the a arms when your going through a turn it allows more of the meat of the tire to be on the ground and something about it helpin it not catch and roll over or sumthing. Like when the suspension goes up the top of the tire goes out a little and when it goes down the top goes in i think is how to explain it and in my oppinoin is a better suspension than the trailing arm because the tire just goes up and down letting the side of the tire catch on a sharp turn

Stock for now
Pro Box Top
BRP Full Windshield
XT Fender Flares
2" Wheels Spacers
To Do List:
Muzzy Black Box
Muzzy Programmer
HMF Exhaust
TMI Clutches
Weller Intake
Custom Snorkel Kit
Holtz Long Travel
Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #8

Member #2628
View wiley's Photo Gallery()
Going straight up and down the stock suspension actually keeps the tire tread surface fully on the ground.
wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #9

Member #4691
Well what if your going into a hard turn and the 1,500 lbs of the commander starts to shift throwing off its center of gravity and wheels dont adjust to it. Yeah it goes up and down but the angle of the tires doesnt change

Stock for now
Pro Box Top
BRP Full Windshield
XT Fender Flares
2" Wheels Spacers
To Do List:
Muzzy Black Box
Muzzy Programmer
HMF Exhaust
TMI Clutches
Weller Intake
Custom Snorkel Kit
Holtz Long Travel
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #10

Member #2628
View wiley's Photo Gallery()
I don't know about going fast, I need the tires to keep contact and traction. The trailing arms are tough, that's why can am and trophy trucks use them. They are heavy that's why no one else uses them. I know a couple xp owners with bent a arms on them.
Jmo
wiley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

can am commander programmer

truck u tv show commander power steering

can am commander v razr

commander vs razr

razr truck

2013 can am commander limited vs razr

can am comander razr review

commander xt vs razr
commander x vs rzr roll over
commander versus razr
bed rails for tv 800 can am commander
fst suspension can am price
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.