Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks

This is a discussion on Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; Hi, Anybody have any problems with the Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks on the Commander? I'm interested in purchasing these tracks, just wondering about issues ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #1

Member #4276
View tgpiscoya's Photo Gallery()
Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks

Hi,

Anybody have any problems with the Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks on the Commander? I'm interested in purchasing these tracks, just wondering about issues I've read about so far. Some mention problems with belts, transmissions heating up, and some loss of top speed. Any comments? Thanks for your input.
tgpiscoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Official Site Vendor

Member #2738
View ARCTICBOMB's Photo Gallery()
I currently run two sets of these tracks on my 2011 XT & 2012 LTD. We have broken all four of the rear anti-rotaion brackets left and right and had a front and rear track derail. Top speed is 40mph.. They are harder on the belts, went through 5 on one trip in the U.P. of MI between the two units. We since added blowers to the outer CVT cover and eliminated this issue. Currently we have about 800 miles on the tracks and love'em but if you use them like you have tires on you will have problem's. I dont think camoplast's intent was for guys to go screamin around on snowmobile trails with these tracks. If your out in the deep suff looking at the scenery you'll be fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-img_0687-1-.jpg   Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-img_0585-1-.jpg   Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-img_0434-1-.jpg   Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-img_0516-1-.jpg  
EPI Sport Clutch Kit
K&T BOX
Wicked bilt EPS
Muzzy Sport Exhaust w/ Digi tuner
CAMOPLAST 4S TRACKS
Custom Cab heater/shield defogger
Holz Racing Tie Rods
Garmin Nuvi 550 on Ram Mount
EVERY BRP Add-on possible!
DZ'S SPORT LOW MOD
CSI Soft Cab doors & back glass
DZ'S FAN OVERRIDE
Red Halo's
http://WWW.DZMOTORSPORTSLLC.COM/

Last edited by ARCTICBOMB; 02-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.
ARCTICBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #3

Member #4276
Quote: Originally Posted by ARCTICBOMB View Post
I currently run two sets of these tracks on my 2011 XT & 2012 LTD. We have broken all four of the rear anti-rotaion brackets left and right and had a front and rear track derail. Top speed is 40mph.. They are harder on the belts, went through 5 on one trip in the U.P. of MI between the two units. We since added blowers to the outer CVT cover and eliminated this issue. Currently we have about 800 miles on the tracks and love'em but if you use them like you have tires on you will have problem's. I dont think camoplast's intent was for guys to go screamin around on snowmobile trails with these tracks. If your out in the deep suff looking at the scenery you'll be fine!
Wow!

ArcticBomb, thanks for the input! Really good to know. I am pretty attracted to those tracks, and I'm looking forward to where the machine will be able to go. Sounds like some heavy duty sort of belt may be in order for those tracks.
Thanks for the insight!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Member #2738
View ARCTICBOMB's Photo Gallery()
We just switched over to the Gates belts with no problem. Discount Fleet has them for $36. Good luck in your new adventure. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you!
EPI Sport Clutch Kit
K&T BOX
Wicked bilt EPS
Muzzy Sport Exhaust w/ Digi tuner
CAMOPLAST 4S TRACKS
Custom Cab heater/shield defogger
Holz Racing Tie Rods
Garmin Nuvi 550 on Ram Mount
EVERY BRP Add-on possible!
DZ'S SPORT LOW MOD
CSI Soft Cab doors & back glass
DZ'S FAN OVERRIDE
Red Halo's
http://WWW.DZMOTORSPORTSLLC.COM/
ARCTICBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #5

Member #4276
Quote: Originally Posted by ARCTICBOMB View Post
We just switched over to the Gates belts with no problem. Discount Fleet has them for $36. Good luck in your new adventure. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you!
ArcticBomb,

This sort of information is like gold! Thank you very much! I'll look for those belts when the time comes. When I get my machine going and set up on those tracks, I'll be sure to post some pictures (early March).
Old 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #6

Member #1601
View Bjd68's Photo Gallery()
I also run the tatou 4s utv tracks and have about 500 miles on them without any issues and the machine is bone stock, u can go through very deep powder with them but like arcticbomb said, they are not made to beat the shit out of so if u plan on jumping the machine or flying through whoops or ditches u are going to run into problems.
I have run my in very deep powder and up some steep slopes and they seem to be holding up great! So i guess it all depends on the way u drive on them!

Also when u are driving in deep powder ur cvt filter will clog with snow but there is an easy fix for that just pull the hose off where it connects to go the the filter, this has worked great for me because now it just sucks the air from under the hood and the snow dosent seem to get there!

Also i personally wouldnt run tracks in mud because they probably wouldnt last u very long but in snow only they should last many years!
Bjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #7

Member #1601
View Bjd68's Photo Gallery()
Here are some pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-trackin-pics-032.jpg   Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-trackin-pics-026.jpg   Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-trackin-pics-034.jpg   Camoplast Tatou UTV 4S tracks-family-trackin-015.jpg  
Bjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #8

Member #4276
Bjd68,

Thanks for the pictures of your machine! Very Cool! Anything I need to watch out for when I get my machine going (with those tracks)? Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #9

Member #4276
Arctic bomb,

Thanks for the pictures! Awesome looking machine! I can't wait to get mine all set up pretty close to what you have there. I'm going to put a plow on it as well.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #10

Member #4276
Quote: Originally Posted by Bjd68 View Post
I also run the tatou 4s utv tracks and have about 500 miles on them without any issues and the machine is bone stock, u can go through very deep powder with them but like arcticbomb said, they are not made to beat the shit out of so if u plan on jumping the machine or flying through whoops or ditches u are going to run into problems.
I have run my in very deep powder and up some steep slopes and they seem to be holding up great! So i guess it all depends on the way u drive on them!

Also when u are driving in deep powder ur cvt filter will clog with snow but there is an easy fix for that just pull the hose off where it connects to go the the filter, this has worked great for me because now it just sucks the air from under the hood and the snow dosent seem to get there!

Also i personally wouldnt run tracks in mud because they probably wouldnt last u very long but in snow only they should last many years!
Bjd,

You guys are great! Thanks for the info! This sure beats learning about this the hard way!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

can am commander tracks

tatou tracks problems

utv with tracks
camoplast tatou 4s reviews
can am tracks
tatou tracks
utv tracks
utv with tracks cvt limits
can am maverick max roof
commander with tracks top speed
can-am cvt inline cooler
5 seater utv winter
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.