long travel suspension?

This is a discussion on long travel suspension? within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; i have a question? how do the lt kits out there get away with not having to have longer axles and also y hasnt anyone ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #1

Member #2850
View kellylmann's Photo Gallery()
long travel suspension?

i have a question? how do the lt kits out there get away with not having to have longer axles and also y hasnt anyone just stretched the stock a-arms and rear trailing arms? are they simply to weak to cut and weld i mean 3grand for lt is kinda high dont you think for not getting new axles or or nothing. i mean some one may read this and say hey dummy the reason u dont want to do this is. and then it will all make sense but i dont see y more people havent done this so can someone shed some light on this for me please...........
kellylmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Official Site Vendor

Member #296
View TurnKey UTV's Photo Gallery()
All the kits I have seen including our CX3 kit do include longer axles. There is no way to move the wheels further from the vehicle without having longer axles. Here is a link to our CX3 system, this will answer some of your questions. Extending the factory arms by cutting them would create major issues. We put an insane amount of time, months into engineering our kit. These kits take a lot more to design and build than most people think.

CX3 Suspension System

Our company TurnKey UTV specializes in various fields of the UTV industry from innovative parts and accessories to complete builds and conversions.

We are located in Carson City, NV
775-883-1568
www.TurnKeyUTV.com

Follow us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/TKUTV
TurnKey UTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #485
View Odyknuck's Photo Gallery()
I agree with Adam on this one. I have done plenty of fabrication (Including supension systems) to know it does eat up many hours of your time. And that's just for the first time that does not work. Yea these systems are expensive however once you have an Ideal on what it takes and figure out that the profit margin is not as high as you would think, only then can you appreciate that someone else has gone thru the pains of R&D then to final product to make it avalable to you. As far as extending the factory arms go, its more trouble than its worth to end up with a product that not only looks like crap and weaker than stock, odds are the Geometry will be off to the point that the machine will not handle well, been there done that! Disclaimer; I am not afilliated with Turnkey or any other UTV aftermarket company. I am only trying to save you the pain of failure based on my own experiences over the years. By all means give it a shot and let us know how it worked out for ya.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #4

Member #686
View Flyingbryan's Photo Gallery()
One nice thing about the Turnkey long travel is they made the front so you can adjust camber. Each of the long travel kits are different from the others but with shocks set up for that kit you will make a great Commander even better.

X3 on they all come with axles. Ha ha I said X3
Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #5

Member #2850
View kellylmann's Photo Gallery()
well just the simple fact they come with axles explains alot, but it seems evertime i pull up a kit it just shows a arms and rear trailing arm so i was very lost on how they were accomplishing that. thanks alot for the info as i said it is much clearer now just had my doubts when i was thinking they didnt have axle..................
kellylmann is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

turnkey utv commander long travel

can am commander long travel suspension
utv commander suspension
turnkey long travel arms
what does long travel suspension mean?
how does long travel suspension work
turnkey utv long travel
long travel suspension
long travel commander
how much travel does the can am commander have in suspension
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.