Grease points

This is a discussion on Grease points within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; Where is the points on this thing to grease it? Here after the past few rides it has creeked and needs some lubing. I found ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

Member #1589
View TBONE21's Photo Gallery() Send a message via AIM to TBONE21 Send a message via Skype™ to TBONE21
Grease points

Where is the points on this thing to grease it?

Here after the past few rides it has creeked and needs some lubing.

I found the fox shocks lollipops on the top squeak real bad too. Any ideas on that? It needs to be greased for the bushings too.

2011 Commander X 2013 Maverick XRS
Factory UTV Skids
JBS Roof
HOLZ Tie Rods
TBONE21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #2

Member #2523
View hardup12001's Photo Gallery()
There are 3 grease fittings apiece on the front a arms. Grease fittings on each of the ujoints (2 in front/2 in back). I use dry lubricant on the bushings so as to not attract dirt.
hardup12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #3

Member #397
View RBRK's Photo Gallery()
I read the previous posts on the shock spherical bearings (the lollipops as you call them) being dry and someone posted some pictures of the bolts rusted to crap. Mine started making all sorts of creaking and squeaking noises after my last ride, so I decided to take the shocks off and inspect.
What I found is the bottom of the rear shocks bearings making noise and all of them were dry with no lubrication at all. The top of the front shocks were seized and wouldn't move at all without a little hammer persuasion.
I removed all the bolts and spacers with the O rings and put some grease in them and freed up the seized ones and re installed the shocks. It fixed all my noise and the shocks actually will move if you grab them at the reservoir and move them side to side.
I think the dealers don't know that they should put some grease in them when they install the shocks for the initial setup (I'm pretty sure they have to install all the shocks)
My Commander has less than 500 miles on it and I am glad I checked it because it could turn into a bigger problem. I would suggest everyone to check theirs, it is pretty simple to remove the shocks and the bolts are easy to get to.
RBRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #4

Member #2523
View hardup12001's Photo Gallery()
Good point
hardup12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

Member #2862
View WVRidgeRider's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by RBRK View Post
I read the previous posts on the shock spherical bearings (the lollipops as you call them) being dry and someone posted some pictures of the bolts rusted to crap. Mine started making all sorts of creaking and squeaking noises after my last ride, so I decided to take the shocks off and inspect.
What I found is the bottom of the rear shocks bearings making noise and all of them were dry with no lubrication at all. The top of the front shocks were seized and wouldn't move at all without a little hammer persuasion.
I removed all the bolts and spacers with the O rings and put some grease in them and freed up the seized ones and re installed the shocks. It fixed all my noise and the shocks actually will move if you grab them at the reservoir and move them side to side.
I think the dealers don't know that they should put some grease in them when they install the shocks for the initial setup (I'm pretty sure they have to install all the shocks)
My Commander has less than 500 miles on it and I am glad I checked it because it could turn into a bigger problem. I would suggest everyone to check theirs, it is pretty simple to remove the shocks and the bolts are easy to get to.
Like he said, ALL of mine had not even a hint of grease... In just a few hundred miles my shock bolts showed some wear... I used Bel Ray Waterproff grease and it now has 400 miles and hasen't wore off and we do many creek crossings...
Old 09-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #6

Member #2240
View jaytee's Photo Gallery()
man I did my shocks last night what a B***H one set of bushing were siezed in after an hour got them off used emery cloth polished the inner bearing and bearing seals but still had to press them back in with a vise maybe an out of spec bearing ?????when u guys grease the spherical bearing are you just moving it all around and appliying grease then the inner where the seals fit?thats what i did they now move freely but dont pull much grease in when moved back due to tight tolerances of the race that holds the spherical bearing ....have 30 hrs and 800 km on it

are you guys doing the rear ones as well????their movement is limited to up and down ...is it neccessary?
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #7

Member #397
I would do all because they will wear out over time and also they make noise. I just freed up the bearings so they moved and put some waterproof grease in them and installed the o rings, should be good enough.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #8

Member #2240
View jaytee's Photo Gallery()
how did u put grease in them ...i rolled them over and with my finger smeared some on the side rolled and repeat ???
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #9

Member #397
Ya that is what I did too.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #10

Member #1589
View TBONE21's Photo Gallery() Send a message via AIM to TBONE21 Send a message via Skype™ to TBONE21
Quote: Originally Posted by hardup12001 View Post
There are 3 grease fittings apiece on the front a arms. Grease fittings on each of the ujoints (2 in front/2 in back). I use dry lubricant on the bushings so as to not attract dirt.
When you say the U joints you mean the drive shaft joints? I couldnt find a spot to take a grease gun to it.

2011 Commander X 2013 Maverick XRS
Factory UTV Skids
JBS Roof
HOLZ Tie Rods
TBONE21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

can am commander grease points

grease points on can am commander

can am grease points

how to grease the spherical bearings on the fox shocks in a can-am commander
can am commander lube points
grease fittings locations on the can am commander
grease zerk location on commander
grease zerts canam 400 lacations
graase appplication can am commander
can am commander greasing
grease nipples in can am commander
2014 can am commander grease points
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.