Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Not happy with the warranty......

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Johnny 
#1 ·
The warranty is only 6 months with a free 6 month best warranty.My outlander had 6 months.with a free warranty that got me to 3 years,they even had another 6 months free back in 2007 if I bought in 30 days.My spyder has 2 years on it.
Just hope when my x is here can-am will offer the 6 months with a free 2.5 year best warranty to keep can-am above the rest and keep me coming back for more........

#5 · (Edited)
Not in expert in this and there is some variation state to state..but bottom-line is you can make all the modifications you want to your vehicle and if there is a warranty claim, the onus is on the dealer/manufacturer to prove that the modification you made was the cause of the malfunction... if they can't...then the warranty claim is valid... now, will the dealerships know this? the manager of the place probably does...the kid in the driveway as you bring it in...probably not... and all will try to tell you its not the case...but the law is on your side on this one...

example: you turbocharge it...blow the motor or tranmission...well, that's easy..no valid claim... you change the suspension..and the motor departs early to no fault of your own...valid claim.

so dont let a new vehicles warranty stop you from modifying your rig... just know what the conquences can and cant be...again check your local states laws pertaining to this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.