First Ride Commander 800XT with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks

This is a discussion on First Ride Commander 800XT with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; I received my Can Am Commander on December 23rd with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks installed and have been anxiously awaiting my first real ride in ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #1

Member #990
View thom0329's Photo Gallery()
First Ride Commander 800XT with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks

I received my Can Am Commander on December 23rd with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks installed and have been anxiously awaiting my first real ride in it. Well, today was the day and it was worth the wait!

My friend bought a 1000XT with the Tatou Tracks as well and we went out together today. I had no problem keeping up to him and could not tell the difference between the 800 and the 1000. In terms of power, the 800XT had more than enough to turn the tracks.

The tracks are unbelievable! We went up a power line breaking a fresh trail and this machine didn't hesitate for a second at any point in the snow. We have about 24 inches of snow right now (North Bay, On, Can).

We also trespassed on some groomed snowmobile trails and what a blast! I'm buying a trail pass even though ATV's are not permitted on the trails and we'll see what they say if/when I get pulled over.

Anyways, I had previously owned an Argo 6X6 with tracks and was very disappointed. The Commander with tracks, unbelievable!

Let me know if you have any questions about the tracks. I did a ton of research before choosing the Tatous 4s UTV.
Attached Thumbnails
First Ride Commander 800XT with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks-img00231.jpg   First Ride Commander 800XT with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks-img00232.jpg  
thom0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

Member #461
View SANDSTAN's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by thom0329 View Post
I received my Can Am Commander on December 23rd with Tatou 4s UTV Tracks installed and have been anxiously awaiting my first real ride in it. Well, today was the day and it was worth the wait!

My friend bought a 1000XT with the Tatou Tracks as well and we went out together today. I had no problem keeping up to him and could not tell the difference between the 800 and the 1000. In terms of power, the 800XT had more than enough to turn the tracks.

The tracks are unbelievable! We went up a power line breaking a fresh trail and this machine didn't hesitate for a second at any point in the snow. We have about 24 inches of snow right now (North Bay, On, Can).

We also trespassed on some groomed snowmobile trails and what a blast! I'm buying a trail pass even though ATV's are not permitted on the trails and we'll see what they say if/when I get pulled over.

Anyways, I had previously owned an Argo 6X6 with tracks and was very disappointed. The Commander with tracks, unbelievable!

Let me know if you have any questions about the tracks. I did a ton of research before choosing the Tatous 4s UTV.

Thats one Wild Looking Ride, it would be super Sweet to see a Vid of it in action... I bet you are not complaining about to much engine heat coming in LOL
Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #3

Member #990
I'll take a video next time out. I was so excited to get out for the first ride I forgot my camera and had to take these with my cell.

The heat from the console is welcome anytime up her in Northern Ontario!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #4

Member #720
View revilo's Photo Gallery()
Looks great...Is it a bitch to put them on?
revilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Banned

Member #685
View BREAKINWIND's Photo Gallery()
is it a bitch to steer
BREAKINWIND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #6

Member #1293
View roaddog's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by BREAKINWIND View Post
is it a bitch to steer
Now thats the Question!
roaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #7

Member #990
The initial install for the tracks is a little difficult from what I've read. I had my dealer install them for the initial install as there are a few initial adjustments that have to be made so I let the 'professionals' handle the first install. Once the initial install is complete, it is just a matter of the lug nuts plus one other bolt that attaches to the A-arms in the front, and one extra bolt at the back that bolts to an existing hole in the frame (not sure why this hole is there but apparently it's there from the factory).

Quote: Originally Posted by BREAKINWIND View Post
is it a bitch to steer
It is not easy to steer at low/no speed. Once your moving it is reasonable considering your steering two 100 lbs tracks. Didn't bother me one bit today.

I have to add. After I picked up the machine, driving down the highway, I literally had people that were about to pass me, slow down and ride beside me to check out the new beast! It looks very intimidating with the tracks as they add 6" of height.

Last edited by thom0329; 12-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #8

Member #1164
View DNRCustoms's Photo Gallery()
How fast did you have the spinning.. Obviously your spedo would be off.. But whats your guess..
Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #9

Member #990
Quote: Originally Posted by DNRCustoms View Post
How fast did you have the spinning.. Obviously your spedo would be off.. But whats your guess..
My speedo read 105 km/h in no time however they say the gearing of the tracks decreases the speed by 1/3 so around 70 km/h or 43 mph.

It is much different than riding a snowmobile. It is definately more fun. You won't go nearly as fast as a snowmobile but you can go literally almost anywhere.

I own a camp more North just past a town called Temagami. The whole reason for buying the Commander is to access the camp both summer/winter. I had my doubts about the performance of the tracks possibly not getting me into my remote camp in winter (especially after owning an Argo with tracks). Those doubts are no longer with me........
Old 12-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #10

Member #854
View orangecrush's Photo Gallery()
Congrats, that's too cool. I just wish we had snow so I'd have an excuse to buy those tracks.

Mark
orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

utv with tracks for sale

tatou tracks problems

can am commander snow tracks

tracked utv for sale

best utv for tracks
tracks for commander
can am utv tracks
can am commander 800 tracks
best tracks for utv
can am utv with tracks reviews
can am commander with tracks for sale
tracked utv
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.