LT Commander VS Maverick

This is a discussion on LT Commander VS Maverick within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; Any body out there have both? I have a 1000 with a 6" LSR LT Kit and Elka stage 4 shocks. I drove a Mav ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Member #5435
View TWesley's Photo Gallery()
LT Commander VS Maverick

Any body out there have both? I have a 1000 with a 6" LSR LT Kit and Elka stage 4 shocks. I drove a Mav the other day and other than the way it runs, mine was a lot better than the Mav. The Mav had roll and would nose dive when you got on the brakes. That test drive might have saved me a ton of money. Mine rides like a dream and stays flat with very little roll or nose dive. Was the Mav set up poorly or should mine be that much better? I wish mine ran like the Mav.
TWesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2

Member #5687
View acefire's Photo Gallery()
Re: LT Commander VS Maverick

You answered your own question. The mav has the shocks but not the springs. Less spring on the mav than the X

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
acefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #485
View Odyknuck's Photo Gallery()
It is my understanding the Mav's Shock Valving is also way off. I really do not get why the Shocks on the Can am SxSs are so way off even for the average rider. They are way too stiff, even on my "X" when I got it. My buddy recently bought a new XRS and I now have a +4 LT with Elka shocks and it rides way better than his XRS with the 2.5" FOX shocks, go figure!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #4

Member #5872
View Glamisfan's Photo Gallery()
LT Commander VS Maverick

The Mav shocks are waaaayyyy off as delivered!
Glamisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #5

Member #2885
View CNUTTER's Photo Gallery()
With my Holz LT and re-sprung Fox shocks I love my Commander X. I drove a Mav the other day and while it was interesting I would still be spending a ton of cash on it to get it right.

Given a choice between a Commander X and a new Mav. I would by a RZR XP900. LOL All in all I could buy and build a better RZR cheaper than buying a Mav or Commander and building one or the other.

I got my Commander X before I knew what I wanted in a Side by Side. I was looking for something I could do sport riding and Hunting. Well, I have that and more now but it cost me a lot. With all said and basically done and if I was going to do it over again. I would just keep my 4 wheeler for hunting and bought a RZR XP900 for sport/fun riding. Honestly, my Commander is to big (as are all SxSs) to sneak down into where some of my deer stands are. My old Honda Foreman 500 was great at that.
EMP Bumper, Roof, Full & Half Wind Shields, Battery Box, 2 x EMP Cooter Brown Stereo Pods * Fusion Marine MS-IP600 Stereo W/ MS-WR600c Wired Remote* Marine Radio * Can-Am Rear Bumper, XT Fender Flares, XT Bed Rails, Limited GPS/Radio Dash, Garmin 650T * TurnKey Harness Bar * Dragon Fire Racing H-Style Harness W/ Seat Override * Thermal Exhaust Wrap * PROARMOR Doors * Wicked Bilt PS, Rackzilla W/ Holz Steering Rack Brace* Holz +3 LT * STM Rage 6 w/Gen 2 STM Secondary
CNUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #6

Member #5435
Performance

Has anyone figured out how to make a Commander run as well as a Maverick?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #7

Member #5687
Yes couple grand in parts and machine work and another couple in the clutch to handle it. And you got your self a commaverick.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

Member #5435
Who does it

Quote: Originally Posted by acefire View Post
Yes couple grand in parts and machine work and another couple in the clutch to handle it. And you got your self a commaverick.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Do you know who does it and what kind of increase they are getting?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #9

Member #5687
Re: LT Commander VS Maverick

http://www.commanderforums.org/forum...d.php?p=133068

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #10

Member #5915
View BusySignal's Photo Gallery()
LT Commander VS Maverick

My brother in law has a Maverick and I drove it up at Cloud 9 Ranch in Missouri last week and I thought it was a way better ride than my Commander. No nose dives and definitely not as tippy as a stock set up Commander. He told me when he first got it the ride sucked way bad however he found someone who knew the right set up for shocks, etc and he made those adjustments and now rides like a dream. The only other mod he has made is a new Airdam clutch for about a grand and he put doors on it everything else is stock. I am seriously considering selling my Commander for a Maverick. The 2014's will be out around Aug/Sept I believe so the 2013's should hopefully come down some more in price. I've also got a RZR which the wife drives and it is cheaper and I can tell. Just my observations and not really knocking the RZR but pointing out where I prefer the Can Am. Out of the show room the door nets on the RZR are a joke, it's like a life jacket buckle. If you are tall (I am 6'2") get ready for some knee banging on the dash if you are hitting bumpy/rocky trails. If you want to adjust the seat then you have to take it out of the bike and make manual adjustments or swap the drivers seat with the passenger provided you have them set up differently. The engine breaking on the Can Am is soooo superior to the RZR in my opinion it ain't even funny. I could list more but those are the main things for me. To me you get what you pay for and the Can Am is higher quality all the way around. I'm not knocking anyone with a RZR or who may be on a tighter budget. Again I have both and i have family members and friends who have one and or the other and we all have a blast together on the trails regardless of what bike anyone has. That's really what it's all about in the end.
BusySignal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

commander vs maverick

can am commander vs maverick
build commander or buy maverick
commander vs maverick vs rzr
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.