Rear end Noise

This is a discussion on Rear end Noise within the Commander General Discussion forums, part of the Can-Am Commander General Discussion category; OK, I'm now tired of the rear end whine from my 2012 XT. I have just over 1000 miles and thought, maybe, the noise would ...

Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #1

Member #6173
View CanAmJHB's Photo Gallery()
Rear end Noise

OK, I'm now tired of the rear end whine from my 2012 XT. I have just over 1000 miles and thought, maybe, the noise would reduce when broken in. WRONG. It's getting worse. Or, I'm getting just tired of it. At 25 MPH it starts. At 35 MPH it's LOUD. At 45MPH my ears hurt. When I let off the throttle a little, the noise quits.

What I would like to know what experience anyone has had with BRP dealing with this. Do they consider this normal? Do they fix it? I still have a month of warranty and if they will do something about this I need to get on it now.

Thanks......
CanAmJHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #2

Member #5124
View Steveo's Photo Gallery()
Quote: Originally Posted by CanAmJHB View Post
OK, I'm now tired of the rear end whine from my 2012 XT. I have just over 1000 miles and thought, maybe, the noise would reduce when broken in. WRONG. It's getting worse. Or, I'm getting just tired of it. At 25 MPH it starts. At 35 MPH it's LOUD. At 45MPH my ears hurt. When I let off the throttle a little, the noise quits.

What I would like to know what experience anyone has had with BRP dealing with this. Do they consider this normal? Do they fix it? I still have a month of warranty and if they will do something about this I need to get on it now.

Thanks......
Brp replaced my rear diff at 1500 miles on warranty because I complained about the noise . It s better than it was & now the trans makes a lot of noise , which the dealer said brp told him it is normal to sound that way .
Good luck !!!
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #3

Member #3878
View shoe's Photo Gallery()
BRP also replaced my rear diff. BRP has a procedure for testing for how loud it is that the
dealer most do. It took about 2 weeks and I had a new diff that is a lot quieter. Good
luck shoe
shoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-Am Commander General Discussion > Commander General Discussion

Search tags for this page

can am commander rear end noise

canam commander rear end noise
can am commander rear diff noise 2013xt
has anyone found a solution to the commanders rear differential whine
which commander makes the rear end whine
can am commander warranty rear end noise
can am rean end noise
canam commander noise from rear when i let off the throttle
2012 can am commander 1000 xt differential noise
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.