Can-Am Commander Forum banner

How to grease ????

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SVT_Raptor 
#1 ·
When I greased mine last night, the grease was going every where but in the joint, changed coupler,same thing,grease every where,changed one of the fittings,worked great,the heads on the can am fittings are a different shape from the ones you buy at auto parts, do I need a special coupler for grease gun or just replace all the fittens???
Thanks

#2 ·
I had no trouble with a regular grease fitting on some of the joints but could only get grease into some of them with a needle fitting on the grease gun.
I've heard others say use the needle fitting too. Good luck.

#5 ·
So, where can I get a fitting that fits all the grease points. I had issues greasing my 650 and 1000 Oulander. The normal gun fitting seemed to small and kept getting stuck on the fitting, breaking several along the way. Just getting ready to start greasing the Commander after the next ride.

#6 · (Edited)
I got some Tractor Supply fitting for mine. I changed a few that my grease gun would just lock up on, also changed out the lower front A Arm fittings because of the snowplow mounting plate. Right angle fittings work like a breeze now. Seems like the only fitting that my gun gets stuck on now is the front joint on the rear drive shaft and it's a BIOTCH to get to anyway. You gotta be a contortionist, which I ain't. :icon_ nono2: :(

FYI Note: If it's the first time you are greasing your ride, check for paint on the tip of the fittings. Sometimes the tiny little ball is not free and the pressure from the grease gun doesn't pop it open and compress the spring in order for it to take grease

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.