Can-Am Commander Forum banner
11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  nick1993 
#1 ·

Reno, Nevada, June 8, 2010 – BRP brings Can-Am DNA to the side-by-side market by introducing the 2011 Can-Am Commander™ line-up. The five model line-up with two engine options delivers on the Can-Am promise of cutting-edge design, meaningful innovation and a focus on convenience, maximum value and more usability for the consumer.

This very unique side-by-side family has been designed to bring a new level of power, handling and user-focused features to the industry. Power comes from two engine options: a powerful Rotax 800 V-Twin EFI engine, and now a Rotax 1000 V-Twin EFI engine. This gives the Commander the most power and best fuel efficiency in the industry. For example, the Commander 1000 is 39 percent more fuel efficient than its class competitor.

"BRP continues to set the pace in product innovations. Capitalizing on the Can-Am brand growth momentum, we are entering in a new business segment with the Commander, which completes our product offering for on and off-road customers," said José Boisjoli, president and chief executive officer.

The Can-Am Commander line reflects BRP’s commitment to offering the side-by-side customer a machine that does not force the rider to compromise performance for functionality. Innovative features like the Dual-Level cargo box, TTI rear suspension, anti-dive front-end geometry and more, throttle-by-wire through its Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC™) system, a 2-inch diameter rollover protection system (ROPS-approved), the most fuel capacity in the industry (38 liters or 10 gallons); and the most cockpit storage of any other side-by-side. Combined with the most powerful and fuel-efficient engines in the industry, this means the Can-Am Commander is immediately the vehicle of choice for the side-by-side customer.

"When we started to design the vehicle, we were determined to offer consumers a vehicle that would meet our Can-Am brand promise of delivering an exceptional riding experience. This focus on the customer also means our dealer network will have a vehicle that will raise industry standards and re-shape market dynamics as we know them today," added Boisjoli.

The entire Can-Am Commander line consists of the following models: Commander 800, Commander 800 XT, Commander 1000, Commander 1000 XT and Commander 1000 X. With its XT and X packages, BRP, through its Can-Am brand continues the tradition of bringing unprecedented value through its factory-built packages.

BRP also previewed its 2011 Can-Am Commander accessories line-up and off-road riding collections with a large assortment of the most sought-after accessories developed simultaneously with the new vehicles. The 50 accessories currently available offer total integration in form and function as well as the best riding experience.

Those who are interested in a demo ride of the Can-Am Commander line of side-by-side vehicles will be able to do so on the Can-Am Ride Says It All Tour. For more information on the tour and a list of tour stop locations, please visit www.trycan-am.com.

With the addition of the Can-Am Commander line of side-by-side vehicles, BRP is poised to address just about any need for the passionate off-road enthusiast and for consumers looking for more from the side-by-side experience. For details on the complete 2011 Can-Am off-road line-up and more information on each specific model, visit www.can-am.brp.com.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude and Johnson outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as E-TEC, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax engines and karts. BRP products are distributed in more than 90 countries.

www.brp.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I like, I like, ..........I like! .............but............ I,m sorry to say you idiots forgot about the people in the east(US) as most of there trails are not allowed to take
58.6 in wide. I,m sure you had good reasons for this but it looks like RZR doesnot have anything to worry about over here. OH buy the way RZR DOESNOT have a high quilty built machine ( I,m being kind). I was really looking forward to being a canam sxs owner. If I miss read(hopefully I did) the info I,m sure you guys will set me straight.

#4 ·
bump

#5 ·
Why you do dat?

#6 ·
just to show that in 6 years this thing has had no upgrades

#7 ·
did have some improvements, ... most implemented by the Can am R & D people.... you !

#8 ·
lol those ones got pretty expensive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.